Pine essential oil has had a long and vigorous life on this planet. As one of the oldest essential oils used in ancient Greek civilizations, this multi-purpose oil can do so many things, it’s tough to find only 3 amazing benefits and uses of pine essential oil.
The Many Products of Pine
Pine trees grow all over the world in mass quantities, such as forests. Pine trees are famously used as Christmas trees in all parts of the planet, and pine essential oil is sold in many forms to produce that distinct holiday aroma. Pine is used in everything from tree-shaped car air-fresheners to household cleaners that boast of the ability to cut through a forest of grease and grime. Its invigorating aroma makes it well-loved and often-used to lift the spirits at any time of the year.
The Beauty of Pine Essential Oil
Pine essential oil is derived from steam distilling the needles of a pine tree, but the oil can even be distilled from the bark. It’s a very common essential oil due to how easy it is to make, and how many benefits and uses of pine essential oil there are. It blends well with many other essential oils, such as rosemary, cedarwood, and lavender, to create amazingly refreshing aromas. Since pine essential oil is low in toxicity, it is considered to be one of the safest essential oils, making it great to add to just about anything.
3 Amazing Benefits and Uses of Pine Essential Oil
For all of the reasons why you should pick up a bottle (or two) of pine essential oil ASAP, the top 3 reasons have to be:
3) Supreme Skin Care – You would never think that your holiday tree would be an integral part of a skincare routine, but pine essential oil is very effective for this purpose.
- It has healing properties that ease skin irritations from athlete’s foot to boils, and it is often prescribed as a treatment for psoriasis and acne.
- Pine essential oil fights dry, itchy skin, making it a great non-steroidal treatment for eczema.
- With highly antioxidant properties, it works to fight free radicals in the skin cells that cause lines and wrinkles, making it a great anti-aging assistant.
2) Home and Health Freshener – This essential oil is a natural deodorizer thanks to antibacterial and antimicrobial qualities.
- It kills the germs and microbes in the air that can cause odors, making your home smell fresh and clean.
- Cold and flu germs are no match for this essential oil, as it can eliminate bacteria and viruses in the air.
- Pine essential oil can be used to clean carpets, mirrors, floors, pots & pans, and purify stinky garbage cans.
1) Natural Pain Reliever – One of the best benefits and uses of pine essential oil is its ability to reduce pain naturally, due to its analgesic properties.
- Its anti-inflammatory compounds fight inflammation that can come from arthritis and rheumatic conditions. It also works to reduce swelling in sore, irritated joints.
- Headache pain can come from many sources, and pine essential oil is effective preventing those sources from causing pain in the first place. If headache does occur, however, it can quickly provide relief.
- Pine essential oil has soothing properties that bring relief to pain caused by burns.
Though pine essential oil can be mixed into a carrier oil for topical application, many choose to use a nebulizing essential oil diffuser to take in the benefits through inhalation. A nebulizing diffuser provides the right concentration and balance so you can receive all of the amazing benefits and uses of pine essential oil in the home at any time.