August 27, 2018 60 Comments
To be successful in life it’s important to never stop learning and always study new things. More often than not when we study new things we are faced with an exam that we rarely look forward too. We often wonder why the student who studies for only a few hours a day does very well on exams while the student that spends what seems like a million hours preparing for exams bombs terribly. Why is this? Today we are going to talk about a few easy things you can do to naturally improve your exam performance.
5. Exercise - Daily activity is an integral part of our daily lives. When we exercise our brain releases endorphins which interact with feel good receptors in our brains. When you are in a good mood your brain will retain much more information than when you are groggy or feeling bad. After you exercise you receive a boost of energy and your mind is clear and alert and your mind has an increased ability to retain new information. Experiments have proven that regular exercise can increase the size of the hippocampus (the part of the brain which is responsible for learning), boosting our capacity to learn faster and more efficiently. The next time you are scheduling a time to study, plan an activity that will increase your heart rate for at least 20 minutes.
4. Meditation - When learning something new our brains focus better when they are free of clutter and noise. Meditation is a great way to relax and empty our minds. This takes a bit of practice so don’t expect to score amazing exams scores from one or two mediation sessions. It’s best to set up a daily schedule in the morning, before you go to bed or both. Sit down in a cross legged position and let all the thoughts and everything that is going on in your mind to drift away. Use an alarm clock and set it for 2-3 minutes then slowly increase the duration until you are at a point where you can sit for up to 8-10 minutes and completely clear and empty your mind. You will notice a new attention to detail and an enhanced ability to focus.
3. Following a Schedule - Time management is one of the biggest factors that determine our ability to get anything done. Have you ever caught yourself procrastinating? I am pretty sure the answer is ‘Yes’ We all fall into this trap with many of us leaving things like exam prep, essay papers or other projects to the last minute. Studies have shown when students who study a couple hours a week at the same time every day compared 12 hours crammed in the night before an exam will perform much better. Another important factor that affects your learning is the time of day of your exam preperation. Now everyone is different, but studies have shown when you prepare for an exam in the morning when your mind is fresh and clear it is much more effective than studying in the evening when your mind is tired and easily distracted.
2. Getting Sufficient Rest – One of the worst things you can do is pull an ‘all nighter’ right before exam day. It is very important to make sure your body has the much needed rest to be able to retain all the information you are consuming. Some people feel if they fall asleep they will wake up and won’t remember the things they memorized the night before. The truth of the matter is your brain will remember so much more information when it is given time to rest and recharge. Another thing you want to avoid is staying up late and socializing with friends. Try your best to follow the same sleep schedule leading up to your exam so your body and brain will get the correct amount of rest that is required to perform at its highest ability.
1. Using a Nebulizing Diffuser – Have you ever wanted to take a magic pill and instantly enhance your memory or increase your learning power? Using pure essential oils in a nebulizing diffuser might be the closest thing to taking that non-existent pill. Studies have shown rosemary essential oil is proven to increase your memory. Peppermint essential oil can help increase your concentration and improve your focus. The next time you set off to study try adding these essential oils to a nebulizing diffuser and see for yourself your exam performance magically rise. It’s especially important to make sure you use a nebulizing diffuser over a plastic water diffuser because a nebulizer will diffuse pure essential oils that are not diluted with water or their beneficial properties damaged by heat. Who doesn't want a way to instantly achieve higher exam performance?
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 13, 2021 6 Comments
September 06, 2021 18 Comments
August 30, 2021 16 Comments