A waterless diffuser is an electronic device used to disperse essential oils into the air. It does not require water to function, which some people believe makes it a better option than traditional diffusers. There are a few things to consider before deciding if a waterless diffuser is right for you. Is a waterless diffuser better? Let’s examine the facts.
How Does a Waterless Diffuser Works
A good example of a waterless diffuser is the Nebulizing Diffuser. It works by breaking down the essential oils into tiny particles and dispersing them into the air. This type of diffuser doesn’t use heat or water, which helps to preserve the therapeutic properties of the oils. The Nebulizing Diffuser by Organic Aromas employs the Bernoulli’s Principle to vaporize the oils and pump them through a lead-free glass reservoir.
The biggest advantage of using a waterless diffuser is that it can fill a room full of scent much faster than other types of diffusers. The scent will also feel much stronger as the oil is undiluted.
Another big advantage to using a waterless diffuser is that they release tiny, concentrated oil particles into the air which means you receive more benefits from the essential oils.
What are the Benefits of Using a Waterless Diffuser?
There are several benefits to using a waterless diffuser, such as:
- In addition to enjoying a richer or stronger dose of essential oils, you access enhanced benefits because the oil is pure and undiluted compared to a water diffuser.
- If you live in a hot and humid environment, using a water diffuser will only add more humidity to the air. This undesirable effect can be countered by using a waterless diffuser.
- A water diffuser usually takes a long time to fill a room full of scent. On the contrary, a waterless diffuser acts quickly to fill a room with a strong and powerful aroma. Keep in mind that a waterless diffuser is more effective when used in larger rooms or spaces with elaborate floor plans.
- For dance studios or yoga venues, a waterless diffuser is ideal. Those who have large offices or commercial spaces will prefer to use the waterless diffuser.
Water Diffusers vs Waterless Diffusers
After examining waterless diffusers, let us consider their counterparts and how they compare.
What are Water Diffusers?
There are two main types of water diffusers an ultrasonic water diffuser and a ceramic candle diffuser.
The ultrasonic diffuser works by a metal plate that is in the bottom of the plastic diffuser that shakes at a high frequency that causes the water to vaporize and mist and a fan blows this into the air.
A ceramic candle water diffuser works by heating up the water and releases the scent when the water evaporates. Since this way to diffuse essential oil uses water it distributes a very weak scent.
Water diffusers have a few advantages. For one, they tend to be more available in the market due to their low cost and are manufactured with cheap plastic materials. For people who want water or humidity added to their air, a water diffuser can be suitable.
However, water diffusers also have a number of disadvantages. For example, they require regular maintenance, such as adding water and cleaning the diffuser. They can also grow mold if left for periods of time. Additionally, the ceramic candle type can be dangerous if not used properly, as they can be accidentally knocked over and the exposed flame could start a fire.
Why a Waterless Diffuser is Better
Now that we’ve examined both water and waterless diffusers, let’s take a closer look at why a waterless diffuser is the better option.
- By design, a water diffuser is built to deliver a weak aroma. Because oil and water cannot mix, this hinders proper or effective diffusion, and this results in a weak scent that does not optimize the desired effect of aromatherapy.
- Most water diffusers are made using plastic or plastic elements. Because essential oils are highly potent, they corrode plastic and cause leeching of harmful toxins while diffusing. To this end, this kind of aromatherapy could become potentially harmful to people when diffused in the environment.
- Water diffusers that are not in use are the perfect breeding ground for microbes like bacteria and mold. If proper cleaning is not done, these toxic molecules will find their way into the air around you.
- Waterless diffusers are made using glass which makes off-gassing difficult. In essence, oils cannot corrode glass, making the scent free from toxins.
- Waterless diffusers like the nebulizing diffusers are decorative as well. These versatile aroma instruments will therefore add luxuriant styles to your mantle or other chosen location.
- Even though waterless diffusers are pricier, they can last years with proper maintenance and care. Water diffusers on the other hand are cheaper because they are made using cheap plastic materials that will quickly end up in a landfill which can be damaging to the environment.
- Waterless diffusers usually employ replaceable glass reservoirs. This gives you the freedom to switch different styles and shapes to suit your decorative endeavors.
- There are varieties of waterless diffusers available in the market. Those that allow you to fix an oil bottle in the machine will tend to use oils at a much faster rate compared to a nebulizing diffuser.
Aromatherapy has been proven effective in dealing with stress, anxiety, and depression. It can also improve your quality of sleep, as well as boost your energy levels and immune system. There are a variety of diffusers in the market, but we believe that waterless diffusers are the best option. They are safer, easier to use, and more effective. With constant or preemptive cleaning and care of the nebulizing diffuser it will perform in good condition always. . Don’t forget that waterless diffusers such as the Nebulizing Diffuser also come in excellent style and design options, making them perfect decorative pieces for use in any home, office, or even as a gift!
Organic Aromas can customize your diffuser with your company’s logo, desired image, message or occasional theme for that personalized feel. This waterless diffuser is not just functional but is an ornamental sentimental piece that adds value to your space.
Aurora Nebulizing Diffuser$105.00
Custom Laser-engraved Horoscope Raindrop Nebulizing Diffuser$115.00
Raindrop 3.0 Nebulizing Diffuser$105.00