Using essential oils in candles can be a great alternative to traditional scented candles with synthetic fragrance oils. There are numerous reasons to go for essential oils and not candles with manufactured fragrances. They are a natural and safe solution that can bring natural scents into your home or office, as well as provide various health benefits. Essential oils are often more concentrated than artificial fragrances, and the aroma can be much more powerful without being overwhelming.
Moreover, many essential oils offer therapeutic qualities that could help you relax after a long day or boost your energy levels. They can also be used in cleaning and beauty products for added aromatherapy benefits. Whether you’re looking to create an ambient atmosphere with scented oils or achieve independent goals, using essential oils is certainly worth considering!
Why Essential Oils and Not Candles with Artificial Scents
Essential oils are natural, aromatic extracts obtained from parts of plants, such as their leaves, petals, and stems. These oils contain the essence of aromatics found in different botanical species. They are powerful yet gentle, offering a natural solution to many wellness needs.
On the other hand, artificial fragrance oils are often made from synthetically produced chemicals formulated to mimic a natural scent. Not only can these be overwhelming if used in candles, but they can also cause respiratory and skin irritations for some people.
Furthermore, artificial fragrances aren’t able to provide the same therapeutic benefits as essential oils do. Essential oils offer a wide range of benefits that can help you relax or energize depending on the oil and its properties. This versatility means that essential oils can be used in a variety of ways to benefit your health and well-being – something that synthetic fragrance simply cannot replicate.
Benefits of Using Essential Oil Candles
Using essential oils and not candles with man-made fragrance oils is definitely the clarion call. The good thing is that you are better off using candles made with essential oils!
When used in candles, essential oils can be a great way to create an inviting atmosphere. Unlike fragrance oils, which can often be overpowering and even cause a harmful effect for some people, aromatherapy candles with essential oils provide a subtle yet effective way of introducing natural scents into a room.
And the benefits don’t stop there: since each oil comes with its own unique therapeutic properties, you can choose the right one to suit the mood and atmosphere you’re trying to create.
For example, lavender is renowned for its calming effects, while citrus oils are known to increase focus and energy levels. Other popular essential oils like peppermint or eucalyptus are great for diffusing during colds or other respiratory issues that may come up. Also, using essential oils in your candle-making will help eliminate any worry about releasing harmful fumes, as many artificial fragrances do when burned.
Lastly, making candles with essential oils doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming! With a few simple ingredients such as beeswax, soy wax, coconut oil, and your preferred combination of essential oils – you can make wonderfully aromatic candles that not only look beautiful but also provide health benefits for those who use them.
Top 5 Essential Oils to Enjoy in Candles
Lavender oil is one of the most widely used and well-known therapeutic essential oils. Research shows that it can help reduce stress, anxiety, and insomnia and provide natural analgesic effects. Lavender oil has a calming, floral scent with a slight herbal note and works well for people who need emotional support during difficult times.
Eucalyptus oil is derived from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree and is known for its cleansing and purifying properties. It can help detoxify the body, boost the immune system, relieve congestion, and aid in respiratory issues like asthma or bronchitis. With its strong medicinal smell, eucalyptus oil refreshes the environment and provides a sense of being cleansed of any impurities in the air.
Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of an Australian evergreen shrub called “tea tree” or Melaleuca alternifolia. This oil has potent antiviral, antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties, which make it perfect for treating skin ailments such as acne or eczema. It also helps with urinary tract infections and strengthens overall immunity by boosting white blood cell count levels.
Peppermint essential oil is produced by steam distilling peppermint leaves to create a refreshingly cool aroma that can invigorate both the mind and body naturally. This essential oil is often used for physical ailments such as headaches or muscle spasms due to its pain-reducing qualities; however, it can also be beneficial for mental health issues like depression due to its stimulating nature, which helps sharpen focus and concentration skills when needed most.
Bergamot essential oil is extracted from the rinds of bergamot oranges found in Italy’s Calabria region. This citrusy aroma is known to lift moods while providing soothing relief from anxiety or stress levels that may have been building up during hectic days or moments of worry within us throughout life’s journey toward our desired destination(s).
As we take in its unique sweet fragrance through inhalation, our strength builds up again so we may continue onwards with renewed vigor!
How to Make Candles with Essential Oil in Simple Steps
When you opt for essential oils and not candles with artificial fragrances, you will discover that making these candles at home is an easy and fun process. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Heatproof container
- Wax of your choice (such as beeswax or soy wax)
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils of your choice
- To begin, cut the wick to size, so it fits snugly into your container. Thread it through a wick tab and secure it in place with glue.
- Next, melt the wax in a double boiler or microwave until all lumps are gone and the liquid is smooth.
- Pour melted wax into a large bowl and slowly add the coconut oil while stirring gently with a wooden spoon until everything is combined and melts together even further.
- Once cooled to about 140°F, add 20-30 drops of your desired blend of essential oils (careful not to exceed this amount!). Stir everything together again until fully incorporated.
- Carefully pour the wax/oil mixture into your heatproof container (which can be decorated however you’d like).
- Let sit untouched for 12-24 hours before trimming the wick with scissors, lighting it up, and with a candle burning, you can enjoy all its therapeutic benefits!
Tips to Beautify Your DIY Candles
Here are some tips to make your DIY oil candles beautiful:
- Choose your essential oil scent carefully. Natural essential oils can have a more subtle aroma than synthetic-scented candles, so consider the size and strength of the fragrance you want to create when choosing your scent.
- Select an appropriate candle container. Glass, ceramic, or metal containers work best as they will not get hot while burning your essential oils. Avoid plastic containers since the heat from the flame can cause them to melt and release toxins into the air.
- Use natural waxes like soy or beeswax for a healthier option instead of paraffin wax which is derived from petroleum and releases harmful chemicals when burned.
- Add decorations such as herbs, spices, dried fruit peels, botanicals, and colorful sprinkles for an extra touch of beauty and aromatherapy benefits!
- Trim the wick before lighting to avoid black smoke and soot from accumulating on your walls or furniture when burning your candles.
- Place the candle in a safe spot away from flammable items like curtains or blankets while burning to prevent any accidents from occurring due to its open flame source
Tips for Buying Essential Oil Candles
Having established the merits of candles made with quality essential oils, it is critical to know how to buy the right candles when you don’t have time to make your own candles at home. Soy wax candles are particularly popular. When buying these candles, here are five tips to keep in mind to keep fragrance oils at bay:
- Read the label. Check the label for information about a candle’s ingredients and whether it has been handmade or machine-made.
- Opt for natural ingredients. Look for candles made with natural ingredients such as pure essential oils, beeswax, and vegetable waxes rather than those that contain synthetic fragrances or toxins.
- Avoid chemicals. Do not buy oil candles made with paraffin or petroleum-based materials, as these can emit toxic fumes when burned.
- Consider the scent. Evaluate the scent of each oil candle before purchasing so you can ensure it meets your needs and expectations.
- Pay attention to burn time. Check the estimated burn time before purchasing a candle, so you know how long it will last and if it fits your budgeting needs.
5 Essential Oil Candle Mistakes to Avoid
- Not using essential oils that are safe for use in candles. Not all essential oils are suitable; some can be flammable or have a flash point below 200F, the temperature needed to burn a candle safely. Only use those essential oils labeled as “safe” to create your homemade candles.
- Overloading your candle with essential oil. Too much of a good thing can become a bad thing, as too many essential oils can cause the wax to overheat, and burning candles might lead to an unexpected fire starting in your home!
- Using fragrance oil candles in contained spaces like small rooms or closets. As it may add up to an overwhelming amount of aroma and be hazardous to breathe in for extended periods of time.
- Burning candles for more than four hours at a time without taking proper precautions. Such as trimming the wick or monitoring the flame size and intensity. This can create soot buildup on your walls and furniture, which could be hazardous if ingested or inhaled.
- Ignoring safety warnings when using candles with pleasant scents. Such as keeping them away from pets and children or not attending to them when lit—always ensure you never leave them unattended!
Where Can You Buy 100% Oil Candles?
100% pure oil candles can be purchased from various sources, including health stores, herbal shops, online retailers, and specialty stores. To ensure that you’re buying an authentic essential oil candle and not fragrance oils, look for certified organic or natural labels on products. Additionally, it is important to check reviews to make sure the company has a good reputation and quality customer service before purchasing any scented candles.
In conclusion, choosing essential oil instead of artificially scented candles can be a great way to add a pleasant aroma to your home while avoiding chemicals and artificial fragrances. Natural candle burning happens cleanly and provides aromatherapy benefits. These scented candles provide ideal aromatherapy. Essential oil diffusers are also great alternatives to candles. With so many options available, you can find the perfect scent to fit your needs without worrying about synthetic toxins.