Posted on August 26, 2019 by Chad Pegura | 38 comments
You may hear people complain about wanting to get rid of cellulite, but have you ever wondered what it is? Unless you or someone you know has been affected by it, you probably don’t think much about this annoying skin condition.
Cellulite is the term for the bumpy, dimpled flesh that often appears on the buttocks, thighs, and abdomen. Very little is known about what causes it, but some of the reasons that people have cellulite include:
Though it is not a serious medical condition, its appearance can make people very self-conscious. Mild cellulite might not even be noticeable, but severe cases make skin look rumpled and bumpy. Cellulite is more common in women than in men, and many women would do anything to find a solution to this annoying problem.
Since cellulite has no serious medical repercussions, many doctors feel that treatment is not necessary. Those who have a severe case of cellulite, however, can become very self-conscious. Studies show that some women with a poor body image can become depressed or develop an eating disorder.
If the look of your skin becomes a serious problem, speak to your doctor, dermatologist, or a plastic surgeon about some of the current treatments that can reduce the appearance of cellulite:
Laser Treatments - There are different systems that are used to treat cellulite. One is a combination of massage, infrared light, and radiofrequency. Another combines a deep tissue massage with a diode laser. A third system uses a combination of deep and surface radiofrequency.
Cryolipolysis - This procedure removes fat in the abdominal area and along the sides of the body by freezing the fat cells. It is yet undetermined how effective this procedure is at reducing cellulite, though early studies show promise. It takes a few months to see the results.
Ultrasound - Using sound wave technology, fat in the abdomen and thighs can be dissolved. This has been known to work with cellulite as well. Results can take two to three months.
Weight Loss - Though this is not a medical procedure, people with cellulite who are overweight or obese can try losing weight through healthy eating and exercise. This can help reduce the look of dimpled skin. Speak to your doctor about which weight-loss plan is right for you.
Essential oils can be used in aromatherapy for overall health and wellness. There are some essential oils that can be used as a natural way to fight the look of cellulite on the body. The oils listed here were published in a review article that listed them as for dermatological use against cellulite. When combined with regular exercise, healthy eating, and good hygiene habits, the following essential oils can be used to help diminish the look of cellulite.
1) Rosemary - Many people use rosemary essential oil for its ability to stimulate hair growth, but it also has cellulite busting benefits. It can decrease fat accumulation as well as improve circulation.
2) Grapefruit - Many people have heard of using grapefruit as a weight loss method, but grapefruit essential oil can be effective at reducing cellulite. It flushes toxins from the body and has a pleasant, uplifting scent.
3) Geranium - Retaining fluid can make cellulite look worse. Rose geranium essential oil is a natural diuretic that can discourage fluid retention, making it good for combating the dimpled appearance of cellulite. It also has hormone balancing properties that can be helpful when cellulite is caused by hormonal imbalance.
4) Lemon - The ability to cleanse toxins from the body, stimulate drainage, and purify the skin makes lemon essential oil a winner to improve the look of cellulite. Lemon oil is a natural remedy for many issues in dermatology, from athlete’s foot to rosacea.
5) Cypress - With the ability to help flush toxins from the body, cypress essential oil can help reduce fluid retention that can make cellulite look worse. It can increase blood flow and improve circulation. It has a clean scent that energizes.
6) Juniper - This oil is a natural diuretic that flushes out excess water and toxins from the body, which is why many people choose juniper essential oil to aid in the fight against cellulite.
7) Cedarwood - A natural diuretic that flushes out toxins, cedarwood essential oil also has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties that might help improve the appearance of cellulite on the body.
Always dilute essential oil properly before applying to the skin. A 1% dilution is 1 drop essential oil for 1 teaspoon of carrier oil, which should be used when applying to large areas of the body. If you prefer to use an inhalation method for these essential oils, simply add a few drops to your essential oil diffuser and let the oil molecules be absorbed through inhalation.
If you have recently experienced loss or partial loss of your sense of smell, consult with your doctor and ask... Read More