July 01, 2018 116 Comments
You may remember frankincense as being one of the gifts that the three Kings brought to the baby Jesus upon his birth. Frankincense was once a highly prized compound that was coveted for its strong aroma. It comes from the Boswellia tree that is native to northeast Africa and India, and it is often burned and used in religious ceremonies to this day. Though frankincense is still harvested and used as it was thousands of years ago, many people today prefer to reap the amazing benefits from the essential oil that is produced from it.
Frankincense essential oil comes from the resin, or sap, inside the Boswellia tree. The sap is extracted and then left to dry and harden. Once hardened, it is then steam distilled to produce a pure essential oil. Frankincense essential oil continues to be one of the most popular essential oils due to its many amazing benefits. The scent it produces is enough to promote peace, tranquility, and overall wellness in the home.
There are so many amazing benefits of frankincense essential oil. When looking for 7 of the best, consider that frankincense essential oil is:
1) Dynamic for Dental Health. Thanks to its antiseptic properties, frankincense essential oil is a natural solution to fighting the bacteria in the mouth that can cause plaque and bad breath. This can help prevent tooth decay and oral infections. Frankincense essential oil can be added to mouthwash and toothpaste to keep gums healthy.
2) A Respiratory Illness Reducer. Frankincense essential oil can ease symptoms of bronchial and sinus infections by clearing the airways in the body. Its anti-inflammatory properties open the breathing passages, which can be effective for those who suffer from asthma. Frankincense essential oil also soothes a cough and reduces phlegm.
3) Supportive of Cellular Function. The ability to support good health and boost the immune system has made frankincense essential oil ideal for overall health. Frankincense essential oil has properties that assist with healthy cell function by promoting cell and tissue regeneration. Add a few drops to a nebulizing essential oil diffuser to get your daily dose of cell support.
4) Naturally Disinfecting. When used as a disinfectant, frankincense essential oil can beat bugs and get rid of germs without the harsh chemicals of other products sold on the market. Simply mix a few drops in a spray bottle with water to create a homemade all-purpose solution that smells divine.
5) Helpful in Reducing Inflammation. One of the main components of frankincense essential oil is a compound that acts the same way as over-the-counter anti-inflammatories, such as aspirin and ibuprofen. The anti-inflammatory power of frankincense essential oil can reduce inflammation from diseases like arthritis, asthma, and Crohn’s disease without unwanted side effects.
6) An Accessory to Relaxation. When stress gets the better of your life, take a time-out with frankincense essential oil. The aroma is very powerful and has been used to promote relaxation for ages. It combats negative emotions and lifts the spirits while balancing mood. Place a few drops in your Elegance Nebulizing Diffuser and take a chill.
7) The Perfect Beauty Serum. The benefits that frankincense essential oil brings to the skin are endless. In fact, it’s one of the most prominent uses for this amazing essential oil. The ability to revive and rejuvenate the skin makes frankincense essential oil wonderful for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and scars, preventing acne, and healing minor wounds.
October 17, 2021 40 Comments
October 11, 2021 52 Comments