Sometimes, no matter what steps we take to protect ourselves, our body simply faces a medical crisis. For millions of people, developing kidney stones and having to deal with the severe pain they cause is an all-too-real situation that needs to be managed quickly and properly.
Reducing kidney stone development is important, and something that can be done in a variety of ways. You should always talk to your health care professional first about your situation, but it’s worth knowing there are several essential oils out there which can help reduce kidney stone frequency and severity and thus help you improve your quality of life.
How to Use Essential Oils to Help Reduce Kidney Stones
There are three ways to use essential oils to help reduce kidney stones.
1. Topically - The first method is to apply the essential oil directly to the kidney area. It's very important to first dilute your essential oils with a carrier oil suck as virgin coconut or jojoba oil. Use about 3-5 ml to every 100 ml of carrier oil. Use your hands to massage this oil into the skin deeply making sure the skin absorbs the oil.
2. Inhalation - Using a nebulizing diffuser is the best way to get essential oils into the bloodstream as fast and safe as possible. A nebulizer releases pure essential oils into the air quickly without diluting with water or altering the composition of the oils with heat.
3. Ingestion could help by providing direct treatment to the body’s bloodstream, bringing their healing compounds to the urinary tract quickly, but we cannot comment on the specific regimen as this is a task for a qualified professional. Ingestion of essential oils is a topic not covered here nor condoned. Those who feel ingestion is right for them should make sure to do it under the supervision of someone experienced.
Reducing Kidney Stones With These 5 Essential Oils
Here are 5 essential oils that can help to naturally reduce kidney stones.
Lemon Oil – Lemon oil can help reduce the chance of developing kidney stones through improving overall kidney function and helping to detoxify the liver.
Lemongrass Oil – This oil can be used to help relieve pain that occurs as a result of kidney stones and may also help to improve circulation to the kidneys and kidney areas. You can mix 3 drops of lemongrass oil with a carrier oil like coconut or almond oil, then massage over the kidney to help reduce pain.
Sweet Orange Oil – Another citrus oil that can have a positive impact on kidney stones, orange oil can help to calm spasms that occur in the urinary tract while stones are moving through it. It also works as a mild diuretic to help flush the kidneys more effectively.
Helichrysum Oil – This oil works as a natural anti-inflammatory that can help to detoxify the kidneys and reduce the risk of developing kidney stones. It also has diuretic qualities that can help move water through the body, making it easier to help pass the stones.
Lavender Oil – While not effective at directly managing or reducing kidney stones and their prevalence, this essential oil can help calm the body and mind. Becoming more relaxed can help make it easier to cope with the pain of kidney stones, and using lavender oil alongside the other oils listed above is worth trying.
Other Natural Way to Help
While the essential oils listed above are highly regarded for their impact on human health, and have been known to help reduce kidney stones
, it’s important to bear in mind that they’re not a magic bullet that will instantly take care of the problem. Furthermore, ingestion of essential oils is a serious topic and should only be conducted by those with specific experience or professional qualification.
Instead, essential oils should be one part of a multi-faceted defense against kidney stones. Lifestyle changes can dramatically help you as well, and when combined with the right essential oils these changes could help you enjoy a life free from these painful stones. Things to do include:
- Cut out sugary drinks, processed foods, and sweets. Instead, focus on eating fresh fruits and veggies as well as lean meats.
- Drink plenty of water in order to keep the body hydrated and minimize the chance for kidney stones to form.
- Exercise regularly. Regular workouts can improve the way the body manages itself and can ensure fewer kidney stones appear.
- Get enough sleep. Resting the mind and body is as important as anything else.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. If your doctor feels that certain steps are needed, be sure head their advice. You can use essential oils to supplement and provide better results, but your medical professional should always be consulted when kidney stones are a problem.
If you’ll keep these points in mind and combine them with the 5 essential oils mentioned earlier, you may find fast relief from kidney stones or their symptoms and give yourself a healthier, happier life. Be sure to consult your physician first.