The use of electronic cigarettes, commonly known as vaping, has garnered attention as it provides an alternative to the habit of smoking. However, it is also shrouded in controversy. A lot of people switch to e-cigarettes because they feel they are less harmful than combustible tobacco products. The long term effects of inhaling e-cig vapor is speculated to be negative but actual studies have yet to be scientifically proven as research is ongoing. Before we get any further let’s start by saying that vaping pure essential oil with an e-cigarette is NOT safe and we will get to the reasons why in the rest of the article.
A Look into Vaping Essential Oils
Vaping involves the inhalation and exhalation of vapor that an e-cigarette produces. Instead of tobacco smoke, the device produces an aerosol that contains fine particles, usually containing glycerin, propylene glycol, nicotine, flavors, additives, and other contaminants.
The mechanism works by heating a nichrome wire or heating element which comes in contact with the liquid to produce a chemical reaction. Despite being less toxic than cigarette smoking, vaping still exposes a person to various toxins such as formaldehyde which can be inadvertently produced.
These days, with the growing popularity of essential oils and the health benefits they offer, people are often experimenting with new ways to administer these benefits into their bodies. Essential oils are organic substances found deep within the molecular structure of plants, bark, seeds and even the rinds of fruit. Over the years, essential oils have become not only popular for their scents but also for their plethora of health benefits. This is why it is not surprising to see people exploring the possibility of getting their benefits through the use of e-cigarettes.
If you are thinking of experimenting with vaping essential oils, we kindly ask you to consider your safety before making this unwise decision. It is important to recognize that pure essential oil is much different than e-cigarette liquid. Another thing to consider is when you add heat or fire to the essential oil you are altering the chemical composition of the oil. There are also so many different essential oils each with a different chemical formation and when heat is added this could cause a potentially harmful carcinogen when inhaled.
The Best Way to Enjoy Essential Oil Through Inhalation
Now that we have come to the conclusion that using essential oils in your e-cig is not a wise decision. What is the best way we can enjoy the benefits of inhaling essential oils? Most essential oil diffusers plug into the wall and are meant to be used at home or in the office. There is one model that has been gaining popularity recently and it is called the Mobile-mini Nebulizing Diffuser.
The Mobile-mini is small and compact and comes equipped with a lithium-ion battery so much like an e-cigarette you can bring it with you on the go and it can help you with the relief you need whenever the situation arises. It fits perfectly in your cars cup-holder and also is re-charged with a USB power cable. This diffuser is by far the ideal travel diffuser.
One of the biggest benefits of using a nebulizing diffuser is there is no heat or fire involved so the essential oil remains in its most natural form and doesn’t become damaged or release any carcinogens. The other great benefit is the essential oil is contained in a glass reservoir not a plastic one which eliminates any leeching of toxins which could be potentially harmful if inhaled. Nebulizers also only diffuse only pure essential oils so there is no diluting or weakening of the oils with water or other carrier oils.
Benefits of Using Essential Oil Diffusers
An essential oil diffuser is an excellent way to use aromatherapy in your home, office or even when you are in your car. Here are a few of the many benefits of using essential oils to improve your lifestyle.
- Diffusing lavender in an essential oil diffuser can help promote sleep by giving you that much needed restful and deep sleep.
- Inhalation of eucalyptus essential oil can improve a person’s respiratory health. Certain oils help strengthen the immune system. If you have a cough or cold, using the right essential oil can also help prevent sickness.
- Essential oils also reduce stress and anxiety. You can elevate the mood with oils such as lavender and bergamot.
- A great way to keep bugs, mosquitos, and gnats away, is by turning on your essential oil diffuser and filling it with citronella or lavender.
- When hosting company you can set the mood by diffusing your favorite essential oils. Not only will they keep your room fragrant, but will also eliminate any bad odor.
- Remove dangerous airborne bacteria by diffusing lemon essential oil. Blending several oils together can eliminate bacteria, mold and viruses from the environment in your home.
- Scents are also closely related to memory. You can try improving your memory and cognitive function by diffusing essential oils like rosemary and peppermint.
Essential oils can be very beneficial to improving your lifestyle. Make sure to do your research so that you use them safely and properly. Improper knowledge and use can lead to a dangerous situation. Always be wise in choosing products and more importantly avoid experimenting with your health that could put yourself or others in danger. Whenever in doubt, always consult your doctor or family physician.