When you begin paying attention to your body’s health, there are plenty of factors to consider. Most people start by focusing on healthy eating, exercise, weight loss, and other similar steps, it’s also important to pay attention to the body’s hormonal levels.
Hormones are responsible for governing a wide range of different aspects of your health, and for men it’s vital to keep strong levels of testosterone or else negative health issues can occur. There are numerous steps that can promote increased testosterone levels and using essential oils is one option that deserves some attention.
The Problem with Low Testosterone
Low testosterone – or low T – is an increasingly common issue in American men. In fact, it’s estimated that 40 percent of Americans over 45 may be suffering from low testosterone levels. And to make things worse, it’s a problem that is getting more and more common over the years, due to a combination of environmental factors and lifestyle choices. Everything from being sedentary to your choice of diet can influence your testosterone, and it’s incredibly important to address the problem when you begin noticing a change in your overall health.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Low testosterone levels can affect the body in different ways. The most common symptoms include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Sleep changes
- Mood changes
- Reduced libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Changes in appetite
- And more
What Causes Low Testosterone?
A number of different things can lead to low testosterone, in particular things like:
- High stress levels
- Weight gain
- Poor nutrition
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Certain drugs
Treatment often involves using testosterone creams that are rubbed onto the shoulders and allowed to absorb into the skin. However, these can be dangerous to the health of women and children close to the user, and may come with additional side effects. As such, it’s important to focus on using natural alternatives. You should always talk to your medical professional, of course, but adding natural ways or using them instead can be exactly what’s needed to correct many low-T problems.
Using Essential Oils for Low Testosterone
Essential oils are quickly becoming one of the most respected natural remedies available, in large part due to the effectiveness they seem to provide. In the case of low testosterone, there are several different options that are worth looking at for the impact they can have on your testosterone levels. Here are 5 of the best oils to try.
- Clary Sage – This oil has been studied at length for its ability to potentially balance hormone levels. While studies have looked specifically at estrogen regulation, there is also evidence that sage oil can help stimulate the brain and nervous system and help properly balance out hormonal levels.
- Rose – Rose essential oil has been found to have an impact on the hormonal levels within the brain, often improving serotonin levels and neuropeptides within the brain while balancing out other aspects. It can promote better mood while helping to balance testosterone levels.
- Lavender – Lavender doesn’t directly trigger hormonal changes, but instead it can help reduce stress and make it easier for the body to regulate its own production of hormones. In the process it can help naturally improve testosterone, or improve the results of medications you may be taking for the problem.
- Chamomile – Although it may not directly help increase testosterone levels, chamomile oil can help relax the mind and body and promote a more restful sleep. In the process, it makes it easier for the body to manage its production of hormones.
- Sandalwood – Not only is it a natural aphrodisiac that can help combat low libido, it also balances out testosterone levels as well. Sandalwood relaxes the body, making it easier to allow the body’s testosterone to improve.
Administer the Essential Oils with Aromatherapy
The most effective method of aromatherapy is to use a Nebulizing Diffuser®. A nebulizer fills the room with only pure essential oil that It’s water-less technology allows for the oils to be diffused without diluting them in water. Also nebulizers don’t use heat so the chemical composition of the oils in not altered in any way. It works by concentrating pressurized air to blast the oil into millions of micro-particles that will fill any room quite quickly.
Combine these oils with a healthier diet, more exercise, and an appointment with your medical professional, and you’ll be on the way to improving testosterone levels and feeling better than you have in years.